International applicants with foreign certificates
International applicants with foreign certificates have to register online with uni-assist and mail your completed documents to uni-assist in Berlin. Detailed information on this process is available here.
Some general information regarding admission requirements and the application process can be found on the website of the international office.
Please also take a look at the application process of uni-assist (outlined step-by-step). This is very important, since otherwise some important steps might be forgotten and will then hinder the application process. uni-assist will check the application documents and will also convert foreign grades into their German equivalents. Applications of suitable candidates will then be passed on to us.
Please note that although the application takes place online, you also have to send certified hard copies of your documents and pay the uni-assist service fee for your application to be processed. In case the documents are not in German or English they have to be translated by an official authority.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Informal application letter
- uni-assist application form
- Graduation certificate (certified copy)
- Transcript of records (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (in tabular form)
- Copy of passport (page with photo and personal data)
- Certificate of payment of uni-assist fees
- Certificate of employment in a web related field, documenting at least one year’s employment after graduation (mentioning this in your CV is not sufficient!)
- Summer term: 30 October (uni-assist)
- Winter term: 30 April (uni-assist)
As soon as the information has been exported to us by uni-assist, applicants will automatically receive the access data to the TH Köln online application platform. The platform can be used to inquire about the status of the application / enrolment and download for example certificate of registration.